• My Emirates Cabin Crew Journey

    Ahhh less than 20 more days till I leave SG again, this time to live in Dubai! It’s so crazy, unexpected yet cool at the same time. I cannot be more excited to embark on this faith journey that the Lord is taking me on. I still remember about this time 2 years ago, I was praying for His direction on where I should go after I graduate from uni. My heart wanted to stay in Perth so badly but God spoke to me clearly that it was not His plans for me to stay in Australia but rather, to go back to Singapore because He said he had far greater plans for me back there. One of the reasons was that He would provide me with a good job. With bittersweet tears, I gladly took His words and trusted Him every step of the way, even though there were still many uncertainties looming ahead of me because I knew that wherever He leads me, it would be the best for me. True enough, He was and always is faithful to His words! I’m thankful that I heeded God’s direction because it turns out that getting a job right now in Aus is especially hard even for locals, what more foreigners. God knows every moment of our lives and He won’t go back on His promises! After lots of doubts on my part and affirmation on His part, I ended up being blessed to work with Emirates Airlines! I’m extremely humbled and fortunate to be given this opportunity to love, care and serve passengers from all around the world (140 destinations!) alongside lovely colleagues in this great multinational company 😄!! It’s beyond my wildest imagination that I would be living in such a beautiful place like Dubai and flying throughout the world with such an amazing airline so I am enormously grateful. Thank you sooooo much for seeing potential in me, Emirates and Abba Father! 😍😍😍 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6. How true. He always graciously lead me according to His path for my life and has never failed me or left me alone :’). I’m gonna do them proud! 😄💪

    There were altogether 9 rounds of intensive interviews and group activities! The photo on top was taken with all the Final Interview Finalists. From over 500 people at the Open Day in October 2014, Emirates eliminated everyone till it was down to the 15 of us. I was so blessed to have met these gorgeous girls with great hearts. They are all so kind and friendly :). Unfortunately, we had to bid farewell to some of them after the last Final Interview round which lasts for 1 hour, leaving only 8 of us left in our batch who successfully got accepted by Emirates. I'm beyond privileged to be one of them. I almost thought I would have no chance to get in because I was up against many flight attendants from other airlines and people well experienced in the hotel, tourism and hospitality industry. Most importantly, for all you Emirates hopefuls, BE YOURSELF! Don't try to impress the recruiters by being someone you are not because people can tell if you are being pretentious. What Emirates look for are people who loves to be with people, are down to earth, genuine, friendly and kind. So, if that's you, I'm pretty sure Emirates would have their eyes on you :). All the best!! Feel free to ask me any questions about the interview rounds and what not if you have any. I'll try my best to help!

    Have an amazing day lovelies!

    0 comments → My Emirates Cabin Crew Journey

    Post a Comment